When you have decided to become pregnant , and you are ready its time you take into account on seeing a good infertility clinic. The first thing you do is , you go to a gynecologist(through word of mouth) recommended to run some tests, the basic is a blood test for hormones, check your basal body temperature for a few months,at the same time your partner also go through a series of test by a urologist, after the results come back and you check with your respective doctors , and you know your pros &cons then as a couple you decide to see an expert in fertility and one of the best so that the fertility expert can give you more advice and a broader picture . A women whether she is young or old have issues ,as well as men low sperm count or bad quality in sperm, women over the age of 35 have had a miscarriage, as a couple you have tried a couple of times to get pregnant and haven't succeeded , that is when you decide to confide in your family our a support group to venture into seeing a fertility specialist.
To get started, you need to gather a lot of information ,before you step foot into an infertility clinic. Ask a lot of information , find out the invasive test and procedures that might be of interest to you and as a couple have you given it a lot of thought in going ahead with the procedures. After you have decided, you need to think whether or not you can afford the treatment , and its not a constraint on you, as the procedure will have a lot of high dosage of medication, and a lot treatment, time and special care is taken into consideration.
You can also take advantage, as technology is so advanced and can surf for information on the net to see the best fertility specialist. One important thing in mind some information that you come across on the relevant website may not be updated and the quality of the clinic is hard to gather a positive perspective, call the clinic to find out more information. Do a lot of background checks on the profile of the fertility specialists. It is also very important to check on the legalities & ethics of the clinic, so that as a couple (the egg or sperm) does not get mixed up with some one else is.
Questions to Ask of a Fertility Clinic
- When did the fertility clinic open?
- How equipped is the hospital & how trained and efficient are there staff, has the hospital gone through a crisis, are the doctors full aware and experienced in the field of fertility.
- What type of procedures does the clinic follow and how often? Is the clinic equipped with the latest procedures and technology
- Is the clinic following certain standards & recognized by the government of India, are all methods followed correctly and accurately, with regards to age.
- When you do an advanced procedure that involves fertilizing the eggs outside the woman and then planting them inside her, who decides how many eggs go back in - the doctor or patient? What are the risks involved , as the more eggs planted the higher the multiple births
- Is the patient treated with utmost care and made comfortable, and all the relevant procedures followed, there is no confusion. Is there a limit to number of cycles?
- During the year how many patients are treated and analyzed, what is positive outcome
- How much does the treatment cost? Check with the administration of the hospital, so that you are aware of the cost in advance.
- Does the clinic offer a money-back guarantee, if you don't get pregnant? Does the fertility specialist guarantee that you would get pregnant according to the time frame?
Overview About Infertily Clinics In India
India is an over populated country ,and we have been made to understand that , according to the latest information with statistics , 1 out of every 16 couples do have a problem with infertility. Lifestyle changes over a period of time, age factor of both partners, using contraceptives, late marriage, are all incidences for infertility certain medical disorders such as endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, genital tuberculosis and male sub fertility have all contributed to this increased incidence.
Predominantly the various causes which couples face
- Hormonal problems: failure to produce eggs and irregular menses
- Blocked fallopian tubes - tuberculosis being a common cause in our country
- Endometriosis - menstruation occurs inside the body in the ovaries or elsewhere causing cysts and infertility
- Male factor - low sperm counts, poor sperm motility or zero sperm counts
- Unexplained infertility - where there is no apparent cause for the infertility.
Abijay Hospital Permabur Chennai (ARC) is a state-of-the-art fertility center with a reputation for excellence. At ARC is a one stop center that provides comprehensive infertility treatment options for male and female infertility problems. All diagnostic facilities support all therapeutic functions making ARC the preferred center for the most modern assisted reproductive techniques. ARC provides financial assistance options for patients who find it difficult, we at ARC take responsibility in providing emotional and psychological support to tide over the demanding times.
We also provide facilities to conduct your procedures
ARC is equipped with highly centralized laboratory facilities for all those IVF specialists who wish to treat their patients in a hi-tech environment. The facility offers the specialists complete control over their patient's procedures. A totally independent and sophisticated environment helps in delivering unparalleled success
Awareness About Infertility
Most couples after a period of time , decide that they want to start a family may after a year or two of marriage ,some though may want to have a baby right away , or wait for 6mths to a 1year , it depends on the age factor of the couple whether they are at a prime age , and have not worry to wait of if the couple is at the late 30's and there is a reason of doubt whether or not I would be able to start a family what are my options, irrespective of what lies ahead , as a couple we start trying , as it is understood that we are healthy couple without any health issues, but nevertheless a reason of doubt suddenly arises in our mind , "What is happening", In our Indian culture if a couple we to get married the family & relatives would consider that we would like to wait for a 1year , as we are trying to build up our career, or we have invested in a house , so on and so forth, but after a while is where the problem lies . When the period of waiting is over we become so fragile why is it that when we are trying so hard and we are not able to conceive , we are also to sometimes ashamed to share this with our close family or relatives , because they may think that we have major health issues and either of us have failed to bring it out in the open. We as a couple in Indian origin become recluse we do not know who to confide in whether a family member or a friend would be better, or a reason of doubt again arises , whether my partner has issues but we not discussed . We think society would be against us , people would mock at us. Finally we decide to come out in the open with our problem and then seek help through recommendation of a GP who would run some tests , or either recommend us for further tests or treatment. As we know there are a lot of couples who face the same problem and we are not alone , but today we live in a modern society and technology is so highly advanced , that we should not feel shy any more if the problem lies with us a couple or either partner has a problem, we need to acknowledge our problem that we are infertile and become aware of the situation around us. Chances of conceiving though various methods, have been successful, especially we at ARC Center are highly experienced and have the latest equipment from Germany we have been successful.
The Advantages we have:
- The options we have as a couple
- The treatment involved & the process
- Aware of a good fertility clinic
- Good infertility specialist
- Costs Involved/If covered under insurance
Facts of Infertility
- The abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system, results in infertility, infertility is considered as a disease.
- The inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse I six months if the women is over the age of 35, or otherwise not able to carry the pregnancy.
- In fact approximately one-third of the problem lies in the male & one-third in the female , or a combination of both , or otherwise unexplained.
- There are the many survey's conducted that most couples within the ages of 29-33 only 25% chances are there if these couple can conceive normal , Mostly 60% without any fertility problems conceive normally, after 6 months of trying .
Mostly 85-90% of infertility cases are treated with either surgical procedures or with drug therapy, the minimal percentage need advanced treatment like IVF.
How do we know for sure ? Find a good fertility specialist?
There are many doctors and specialist in the same field , but to know the best you can also look for specified trained & experienced experts who specialize in infertility , these clinics are certified by the board of Medicine and recognized by the authorities.