Females sexual dysfunction is also referred to as Candace syndrome. It is a kind of disorder characterized by recurrent or persistent inability to achieve sexual arousal. It can also be defined as intermittent problems with sexual desire or response. This will tense the relationship with the partner. The issue is becoming very common day by day. The number of females who suffer from such issues are increasing day by day. Most of the women might have experienced any of these kinds of dysfunctions at some point of their life. Because, sexual dysfunction can affect them at any stages of their life.
Types of female dysfunction:
One may experience more than one type of female dysfunction. This may include:
- Orgasmic disorder: It is related with the orgasm stage. It is when you have recurrent or persistent difficulty in achieving orgasm after stimulation or sexual arousal.
- Sexual arousal disorder: It is when you feel difficulty or unable to become aroused or maintain arousal during sexual activity.
- Sexual pain disorder: When you experience pain associated with sexual stimulation or vaginal contact, it called sexual pain disorder.
- Low sexual desire: If you lack interest in having sex or have diminished libido is called low sexual desire.
Causes for female sexual dysfunction are almost similar. It may include:
- Social and emotional factors.
Fortunately, female sexual dysfunctions are treatable. If you feel any kind of difficulty in your sexual relationship, consult your doctor and find the issue. Treatment varies according to the type of disorder. The main treatment is to undergo for a counselling if your issue is connected with psychological factors. Mental health is a must to maintain a healthy sexual relationship. A counselling would be helpful for those who suffer due to their mental detachment. Medical treatments are prescribed based on the cause. Sexual dysfunction in female can be due to any other health issue. This should be diagnosed and treated first. Other treatments are prescribed for female sexual dysfunction connected to hormonal cause may include:
- Estrogen therapy
- Androgen therapy
Other treatments which are rarely prescribed may include:
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Female sexual dysfunction issues are considered more complex when compared to that of male. Sometimes, the best treatments may do not work well if the underlying emotional and social factors are resolved first.
ARC recognises the need for a privacy in female sexual dysfunction. A team under Dr.Mahalakshmi Saravanan with a dedicated Female Counsellor, therapist & Sexual Health Consultant gives the best outcome in female sexual dysfunctions.