Libido also known as sex drive is a person's overall desire for sexual activity. Libido is influenced by certain social, psychological and biological factors. Social factors like family, work and psychological factors like stress and personality of the person influence sexual drive of a person. The biological factors which affect libido are associated with neurotransmitters that regulate libido and the sex hormones.
The following are other factors which may cause low libido:
- Use of Alcohol
- Too little sleep or Sleep Apnea
- Medications: Many prescription medications cause side effects which result in loss of sexual drive and libido
- Obesity: Overweight causes lack of performance and decreased sexual enjoyment. A person's poor self-esteem because of obesity can also affect sexual drive adversely
- Erectile Problems: An Erectile Dysfunction (ED) influence a man's ability to perform as well as his feeling about the ability to perform
- Low Testosterone: The level of testosterone in man falls with aging and it is one of the potential cause for decreased libido
- Depression: Depression which affects all facets of life, which includes libido also. Some of the antidepressants depress libido.
- Menopause: The physical changes that happen after Menopause affects sex-drive and affects intercourse. This may be due to dyspareunia (pain with intercourse) and vaginal dryness.
- Lack of Closeness: Intimacy and closeness are more important than for healthy sexual life. Spending casual time together than just sex may ignite romance in the relationship.
Symptoms of Libido
The following are the symptoms of low libido that should get treated before the consequences become irreversible
- Urge to have sex, but sexual activity may not bring pleasure
- Loss of interest in things which are sexual
- Low self-esteem and despair
How is Libido treated?
Once the doctor figures out the causes, depending up on the cause he may suggest medications, change in lifestyle or counseling.
ARC Fertility and Research Centre is one of the best centre which provides advanced treatment for decreased sexual desire (low libido). The centre provides treatment for both men and women with the best specialists and techniques on par with the best in the world.
Mail Us :email@example.com